Entrepreneur CJ Scarlet hid her shame for many years after two violent sexual assaults and it ultimately left her battling two life-threatening autoimmune diseases that crippled her startups. Author of The Badass Girl's Guide: Uncommon Strategies to Outwit Predators, CJ shares how she’s now healing others and gives practical advice of how women can “lift as we climb” and be “bad victims” to succeed in business.
If you asked any group of women to put up their hands if they have suffered a #metoo experience, chances are that 100% of them will put up their hands. Last year saw women everywhere let go of the secret hidden shame and speak up, and it changed everything.
CJ Scarlet carried that hidden shame so for many years after two violent sexual assaults that it affected everything she did – and ultimately left her battling two life-threatening autoimmune diseases.
Her recovery began with inspiration from a Buddhist monk and small acts of kindness to help others, and how she’s turned to her entrepreneurial background to help other women defend their boundaries and “badass bods.”
Author of The Badass Girl's Guide: Uncommon Strategies to Outwit Predators, CJ shares her inspiring journey. Recently she was named one of the “Happy 100 People on the Planet” and she’s also been featured in the bestselling books Happy For No Reason and Be Invincible.
Learn in this episode:
- Why saying #MeToo gives you back your power
- Why when women stay silent or don’t ask for what they really want, they are projecting fear and that keeps them in victimhood in any situation, including raising finance for entrepreneurial ventures.
- How women can leverage their collaborative natures for business success
- What it’s like to have to close a company you started and how to come back from failure
- How to break out of the “chicken-egg” cycle when you can’t raise enough money to get to prototype but you need the prototype to unlock the funding
- And how to be a “bad victim” and more…
Read the full transcript here:
More about CJ here:
Get CJ’s Book here:
Sign up on CJ’s website will get her free special report: 7 Secrets to Protect Your Badass Bod from Predators
How to Find Diane on Social Media:
What do Kara Goldin, Tina Sharkey, JJ Virgin and Shari Aldrich have in common? They are all building growing and scalable businesses – and they are four of 50 entrepreneurs and investors gathering April 9-13th for The WINGS of Success Summit – a 5-day value-packed virtual summit hosted by Melinda Wittstock to help you get the Mindset, Mojo and Money to land your moonshot. It’s Free. Early bird tickets available now here: https://www.wingssummit.com
Zero Limits Ventures: Valuation Enhancement and Capital Acquisition Strategies