506 Kris Plachy: A Business Buddha
Why How You Live is How You Lead: The Five Steps to Building a Great Team
More often than not, the best entrepreneurs and CEO leaders are profoundly self-aware and understand leadership is a profound responsibility.
It’s why the best business leaders often hear from team members and customers this one thing: “You’ve made a big difference in my life.”
Today we talk about why women in business are being called to innovate the corporate and entrepreneurial leadership – and how to avoid the all-too-common mistakes women entrepreneurs make when it comes to hiring and inspiring a great team.
Only 2% of female founders make it to the 7-figure revenue milestone, so how to avoid the roadblocks of perfectionism, control, isolation and fear of success so many women in business express and experience?
Kris Plachy is the creator of the Lead Your Team Roadmap, and a proven expert in entrepreneurial management helping hundreds of business leaders build and manage great teams so they can scale their businesses.
Kris is also passionate about mentoring women entrepreneurs and today, along with her 5-Step Team Roadmap, she shares why she believes women are uniquely suited to innovate new styles of leadership that is more nurturing, collaborative, intuitive and mission driven.
“What we’re needing is for women to drop the need to be something they’re not, and step completely into who they are,” says Kris.
We talk about Kris’ One Thriving Woman mission, and why when one woman thrives, she helps her sisters to do the same – a mission very much in alignment with Wings’ #LiftAsWecClimb ethos.
- The 5 steps to build and lead a great team
- The biggest mistake many founders make with hiring, and why it’s necessary to tie each position to the results you want to see
- How to hire your weakness and avoid abdicating your responsibility of overseeing and leading that person to success
- Why you shouldn’t hire your friends – start with the role and the results you want – then find the person who will succeed at that clearly defined role and tie them to revenue
- Why it is that when one woman thrives, all women thrive
- How to avoid the isolation and loneliness experienced by so many women entrepreneurs who hit 7-figures
- Why it’s important to avoid creating traditional masculine styles of leadership and step into our natural strengths of nurturing, collaboration, and intuition
- Why success requires you to get comfortable handling what is difficult – saying “no”, giving feedback, and holding team members accountable
- Scaling and why you have to let go of the “doing” and why that’s challenging for women founders who suddenly feel unproductive
- And much more!
More about Kris Plachy at krisplachy.com
More about Kris Plachy at Kris Plachy
Kris Plachy is the creator of the Lead Your Team Roadmap, author and host of the Lead Your Team Podcast, and a proven expert in entrepreneurial management helping hundreds of business leaders build and manage great teams so they can scale their businesses.
Listen to Kris Plachy on her podcast Lead Your Team
Get her one of her books here
Get the Transcript HERE
Our Sponsors and Special Offers
Podopolo – Dynamic Interactive Podcasting
Discover your new favorite podcasts, interact with hosts and each other, and win prizes, freebies, special discounts and more as you share content, put lessons into action in your life, and engage in mission-driven quests to improve the world – all in one mobile app. Download Podopolo right now in the Apple and Google app stores. We’d love it if you checked out our beta. And if you’re a podcaster – join us! You can learn more here.
Launch Your Magnetic and Profitable Podcast
If you’ve been putting off launching your podcast, now is your time. The world needs to hear your expertise and our message right now. Your voice IS your value. I believe your voice is your passport to engage the world in your true purpose and mission, and so during the Coronavirus I am offering a group Podcast Intensive and I’m cutting my rates so you can use this time of “physical distancing” to connect deeply with your community and attract and best serve your customers.
Get The 7 Steps to Your Profitable Podcast
Is this the year you finally launch that podcast of yours? I believe your voice IS your value. I believe your voice is your passport to engage the world in your true purpose and mission, and that when you do leverage your voice as a podcaster miracles manifest for you and your business and the impact you want to have in the world. That’s why I’m sharing with you my complimentary 7 Step Guide to engaging your tribe with a magnetic podcast that makes you money. Sound good? Go to wingspodcast.com/liftoff.
Zero Limits Ventures
How much is your company worth? Want to find out how to boost your valuation? Click here to claim your FREE consult call