There is nothing like staring death directly in the face to learn that life is too short to be rude and unkind. Former forensic death investigator turned entrepreneur and civility expert Sue Jacques is on a mission to create civil company cultures. Learn in this episode how to create “gossip-free zones”, why politeness translates directly to profit, and how align to your truth by listing your “pregrets”.
Sue Jacques began her career by investigating thousands of violent and unexpected deaths as a forensic death investigator.
Since then, she’s been on a mission to reverse rudeness and revive respect in the corporate, entrepreneurial and political worlds.
(I know of a certain large white building on Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington D.C. that could use Sue’s assistance pretty urgently…)
Now a keynote speaker specializing in professionalism and civility, Sue is author of the book, “What the Fork? An Unpretentious guide to formal dining for informal people.”
Today we’re going to talk about how you change when you see life through the eyes of death … how it makes us value our relationships, how it makes us live each day “all in” and on our own terms, and why “politeness is profit”.
Sue shares her tips and proven methodologies on:
- How to avoid a life of regrets by facing your “pre-grets”.
- Why you don’t have to be on the “social media treadmill” all the time to succeed.
- How to create “gossip-free zones” at your company, and why gossip crushes morale and profit.
- Why it’s mission critical to get a “courteous culture” in place at your startup from Day 1.
- Why for women there is a “price to nice”: We can bottle things up and then it comes out behind people’s backs as destructive gossip.
- How to reinvent yourself and make an asset of cross-disciplinary skills.
- And much more!
Read the full transcript here:
More about Sue Jacques here:
Get Sue’s book:
How to Find Sue on Social Media:
Zero Limits Ventures: Valuation Enhancement and Capital Acquisition Strategies
If you liked this episode...
Then you will love these!
Warning: The account for melindawittstock2020 needs to be reconnected.
Due to Instagram platform changes on March 2, 2020, this Instagram account needs to be reconnected to allow the feed to continue updating. Reconnect on plugin Settings page